Children: Jean Moir (b. October 16, 1889), Arthur Duncan Moir, Jr. (b. Feb 6, 1895), William Wilmerding Moir (b. September 22, 1901)
Arthur Duncan Moir, from Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia, brought his family to Saranac Lake for the health of his daughter around the turn of the last century. Moir Road — fronting on Lake Colby — once led to their camp. At St. Luke's Church, "the pulpit was presented by Mr. and Mrs. Arthur D. Moir in grateful remembrance of the recovery to health of their daughter, Jean. Mr. Moir was the first junior warden and held that position for many years." 1 Amy Jones painted his portrait, titled "Major Arthur Moir." His wife operated the house built by Robert H. Coleman at 33 Church Street as a commercial private sanatorium from about 1912 through 1921.
Arthur Moir's brother, William Wilmerding Moir, was the Episcopal priest who built two churches in Lake Placid: St. Eustace church (before it was relocated to Main Street) and St. Hubert's, now the Pilgrim Holiness Church (which has been rebuilt after a fire). The brothers both came to the Adirondacks at about the same time. Rev. Moir died young of appendicitis.
- 1S. A. Miller, "History of St. Luke's Given by S. A. Miller," July 30, 1939: from an unidentified newspaper clipping in the vertical file, Adirondack Collection, Saranac Lake Free Library.