2009 Undated. Adirondack Daily Enterprise, July 29, 2000 Camp Intermission's entry gates, with sculpted masks of Comedy and Tragedy (in yellow) Closeup of the masks on Camp Intermission's entry gates Eastern entry gate-post, looking North (away from the estate)
Address: Camp Colby Road
Old Address: Northwest Bay Road
Other names: Camp Colby, Lake Colby Environmental Education Camp and Conference Center
Year built: c. 1928
Other information: A Great Camp built for theatrical agent William Morris on 110 acres on Lake Colby. There are seven contributing outbuildings. A two-story cure porch is attached at the front southeast corner.
The basement is a single room, sixty-five feet long, reached by a circular stone and concrete staircase with wrought-iron posts and a chain railing. The walls are of stone boulders, with stone arches over the windows. A massive stone chimney with built-in shelves and a lighted waterfall in its base dominates the room. A there is also a corner stone fireplace, and carved stone heads decorate the walls.
Henry Fleury was caretaker at the camp for twelve years, and continued into the "Camp Colby" years.