20 St. Bernard Street
Keough and Son Funeral Home started as the Henry J. Conley Funeral Home at 11 Bloomingdale Avenue as early as 1916. Eugene Keough, who worked at Conley's from 1930 to 1935 managed the funeral home upon Henry J. Conley's death in 1936; he purchased the business in 1944, operating under the name Keough Memorial Chapel.
His son, Ronald Keough, joined the business in 1957, and the name was changed to Keough and Son Funeral Home. The senior Mr. Keough retired in 1981 because of ill health.
Adirondack Daily Enterprise, May 1, 1992