The original Pavilion, undated. Adirondack Daily Enterprise, August 5, 2000
Other information: The original Open Air Pavilion was a lofty Queen Anne-style "birdcage" of a building for amusements and entertainments. For the summer of 1896 it served as the temporary main dining room while the new Main Building was under construction. In 1908 it was moved in order to build the medical building on its original site. In 1923, "the amusement pavilion was destroyed by fire. Its loss has left a void in the recreational facilities for the patients. A new and modern structure for this purpose is a much desired addition to the sanatorium." 1 Years later, it was replaced by the Recreation Pavilion, an enclosed building with one large room for events, with a small stage at one end.
- 1Heise, 1931.