Adirondack Daily Enterprise, December 16, 1948
Old Address: 73 Broadway, in 1931 moved next door in building occupied by the Army store, then moved back
Year built: Opened in 1923 from the property purchased from Mrs. Pheobe Durgan in April 1923. (from Adirondack Daily Enterprise June 8, 1964.
The Oxford Market at 73 Broadway, near the Drutz Super Market, was owned and operated by Mr. and Mrs. Adolph Effenbach; their children Ruth and Mark Effenbach worked with them. 1 Ruth eventually owned and operated the Oxford Market alone until she died in 2002.